Photobucket

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Random Stuff

I saw Eddie Izzard at the Kodak Theater last night. I laughed until my face hurt. Two hours of hilarity. If you don’t know Eddie or know him only from ‘The Riches’ go find the DVD’s of Dress to Kill , Glorious and Circle for a start. You’ll thank me later.

Just got finished watching the Beijing Olympics open ceremony on our DVR, it was spectacular. As Bob Costas said, retire the opening ceremony trophy. The only flaw was NBC’s crappy camera work. I think they need to send their entire production staff to a reeducation center.

Meanwhile our boob of a president sat slumped in his seat looking at his watch obviously bored by the whole thing. We cannot get rid of him soon enough. I have ragged on Obama a lot here but he is still far better then the wrinkled old white guy, I’ve got to go with Eddie Izzard here if you’re a Democrat vote for Obama, if you’re a Republican vote for Obama. Remember, vote early, vote often.

Breaking News; well sort of a judge let Attorney General Jerry Browns description of Proposition 8 stand. Of course the bigots behind the anti-marriage proposition are whining and threaten to appeal. I’m going to have a lot more to say about this.

2 comments:

Christopher said...

I got to see Eddie back in June and I'm thrilled you got to see him too. One of my favorite lines: "I have a couple of problems with intelligent design. One problem is with the 'intelligent' part. The other is with the 'design' part." My only regret is I didn't get to buy a "Cake or death?" t-shirt.
And I have one small gripe of my own to add about the opening ceremonies of the Olympics: when Bob Costas says something about small countries not having a chance of winning a medal. That doesn't need to be said. Look at Tuvalu: a population of less than 12,000 on an island nation that's got less than ten square miles of land. It's impressive that they're sending their first ever Olympic contingent to the Olympics in Beijing. Sometimes it ain't just about medals. Besides, miracles do happen.

Chino Blanco said...

Considering that ProtectMarriage.com has decided NOT to appeal the ballot language, what chance do you really see for Prop 8 to pass? I just don't see a majority of Californians voting YES on a proposition titled ELIMINATES RIGHT OF SAME-SEX COUPLES TO MARRY.

Once the churches realize that Prop 8 is an almost guaranteed loser, are they going to do the right thing and let their members know? If not, what happens after Prop 8 loses by 40-60 (or worse), and then the members find out that the church leadership was privy all along to internal polling that predicted a crushing defeat? Do the members get their money back?

Or do they get stuck paying for ads that were run by a campaign that knew it was going to lose but ran them anyway!